Saturday, August 28, 2010

Charlie Parker Mystery

Deadly Gamble: The First Charlie Parker Mystery (Charlie Parker Mystery Series)Deadly Gamble: The First Charlie Parker Mystery by Connie Shelton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I appreciated the first person presentation in Deadly Gamble. I don't usually like first-person stories. First person is hard to do, and Shelton got it right.

The story, with who killed sleaze-bag Detweiler, gets Charlie involved because an estranged childhood friend is involved and comes to her for help. Lots of good descriptions of Albuquerque's various neighborhoods as Charlie does her first sleuth work.

I was moderately dissatisfied with the conclusion, mostly because it seemed almost an after thought. But I'm really picky. This is a good, fast-paced, well-written mystery.

View all my reviews

No comments: